[vtkusers] An example of using vtkXMLPPDataWriter in parallel?

Mengda Wu wumengda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:04:30 EDT 2009

Hi all,

   I would like to use vtkXMLPPDataWriter to write a decomposed mesh and
solution in a parallel program (MPI based).
I search everywhere possible of any example but have no luck. I understand
there is some documents of pvtp file format
at http://www.vtk.org/VTK/img/file-formats.pdf.

   I am wondering if someone can provide an example of this filter can be
used in parallel. That is on each processor,
I could write a portion of mesh in a vtp file and a pvtp file to point to
all of vtp files.

Thanks,
Mengda