[vtkusers] ITK VTK and MFC

Robert Golebiowski robgolebiowski at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:42:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I’ve been trying to connect VTK ITK and MFC for three days now. I use ITK to
generate 3D imageData object and then I convert this object to VTK volume by
using itkImageToVTKImageFilter. It worked fine as long as I was using
vtkRenderWindowInteractor, vtkRenderWindow and vtkRenderer, now as I moved
to MFC I’m using vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow, vtkRenderer, and
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor. I had tried to use vtkMFCWindow, but when it
hadn’t worked I implemented the code from SDI_Instructions.chm from the VTK
Examples (MFC). Both times I got the same error from
itkImageToVTKImageFilter, from function
VTKImageExportBase::UpdateInformationCallbackFunction. I found this post
about this error :

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-April/003226.html
http://markmail.org/message/lzzuxmxrlk2zifa3#query:MFC%20UpdateInformationCallbackFunction+page:1+mid:wsjr4dvccvsscvhq+state:results

It seems that this problem hasn’t yet been solved. I hope I’m wrong…
I would appreciate any help you can give me, any workaround ?

Thanks,
Robert