[vtkusers] How can I convert different data formats to vtk?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Jan 30 13:45:23 EST 2009

VTK has classes for reading Ensight Gold and certain AVS files:

See:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkEnSightGoldReader.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAVSucdReader.html

There may be more readers available for the other formats you
mentioned. See http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classes.html for
more info.

I haven't used these readers, so I don't have details on how well they
work. Someone else may be able to address your questions if you try
these classes on your data and you have problems.

- Cory