[vtkusers] how to compute the distance between two 3D points.

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 13:25:39 EST 2009

Hi Chen;

Check out this tutorial : http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content
<http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=27
> &task=view&id=48&Itemid=27 it is for getting the scalar value of a clicked
point in 2d projection but you must do the similar thing for getting the id
of a clicked point in 3d scene.After getting the point id you can calculate
the structured position of this point using dimensions of imagedata. For
computing the distance of points check out the vtkMath class
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkMath.html#2ae99578ae65acefe517b1
2a7f4068e1 or simply write

dx = Ax-Bx

dy = Ay-By