[vtkusers] how to compute the distance between two 3D points.

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Fri Jan 30 13:36:59 EST 2009

Dear All:

   I have two small questions, and want to ask for any suggestion from this mail list.

  I could display the 3D model (surface rendering), and I may figure out its 2D axial/sagittal/coronal projections, then

1). how could I find the corresponding 2D points on these three projects for a given 3D point, say, if I have a 3D point on the 3D model, which VTK class I should use to find its projection pionts on 2D axial, sagittal and coronal?

 2). How could I measure or compute the distance between any 3D points, say, which VTK class allows me to know its 3D position if I click on a 3D point?

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen, Ph.D.
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY, 40292
U.S.A