[vtkusers] Pixel Value

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:09:37 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Sercani <sercanimailgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu;
> I am using VTK with Java and GDCM's java wrapping is unstable...

Yeah well you are confusing two things:
1. swig wrapping of the entire gdcm (low level classes) is unstable
because not tested. But IMHO it should work for most people out of the
box,
2. wrapping of the vtkGDCMImageReader is straightforward as I
respected the VTK-style for wrapping (one class per file, use of
BTX/ETX, ...)

So clearly this is a non-issue to use vtkGDCMImageReader from java.

> I think
> there must be a solution with pure VTK because vtkImagePlaneWidget can do
> that...

indeed you could plug a linear function in vtkImagePlaneWidget to
report the Real World Value of the Pixel, but be warned that this is a
non-trivial task as Rescale Slope/Rescale Intercept are changing from
one slice to the other ... which means for a oblique plane, you'll
have some pretty cool math equations to write to compute mid-values :)

Good luck,
--
Mathieu