[vtkusers] Pixel Value

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:26:12 EST 2009

Hi Everyone;

I'm developing a DICOM viewer using Java and VTK and i need to show the
pixel and hounsfield unit value of a clicked point. I' ve done the exactly
same thing that Mark Wyszomierski   described here:
http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content
<http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=27
> &task=view&id=48&Itemid=27 and i get the correct pixel value(at least i
hope so) but i couldn't convert it to hounsfield unit using this formula:
hu= pixel*slope+intercept . Bone value must be over +400 hu, but i get
negative values. Actually i have implemented the MPR with
vtkImagePlaneWidget(s) too and it shows the real hounsfield unit value of
the clicked point and for example the bone value changes while dragging the
mouse on a bone but at my implemantation it always show the same value
(pixel value is 255 and hu is -700 or something like this). How can i
convert the pixel value to hounsfield unit or how can i get the real scalar
values of a clicked point of CT data set?

Yours sincerely;

Sercani.