[vtkusers] multiple Maximum Intensity Projection (volume rendering)

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Jan 26 12:48:03 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 16:52 +0100, Stéphane CALANDE wrote:
>  Hi vtkusers,
>

> 1) I find that the rendering is not so beautiful. The picture is a
> little vagueness. Can I do something to improve that?

vol_mapper->SetImageSampleDistance( 0.25 );
vol_mapper->SetSampleDistance( pix_diag / 5.0 );

vol_prop->SetScalarOpacityUnitDistance( pix_diag );

> 2) It takes a lot of time to display one MIP (about 2.83 second per
> MIP on my computer (WinXPx64))

Don't do 1) above.

> 3) The distance between the focal point and the camera position is
> determined by the variable "distanceFocale". But I've some trouble
> with the value of that variable. I don't know which value I have to
> assign to it, because : if I assign it a too high or too low value,
> there is no result (black window). The rest of the time, the maximum
> intensity projection doesn't take into account all the volume but only
> a part of it (it seems that the distance is too small).

camera->SetFocalPoint ( center );

camera->SetViewUp   ( view_up );
camera->SetPosition ( view_pos );

camera->ComputeViewPlaneNormal(); // Maybe ?

> PS: thanks for your help, Kevin.

You're welcome.

I pulled my comments from the attached file.