[vtkusers] displaying 2D textannotations

Andreas Brüning mail-andi at web.de
Fri Jan 23 10:10:33 EST 2009

Hi,

thank you for the quick answer. I tried vtkCaptionActor2D but i dont know if it is right for me. I want to display textannotations in the corners of each window but how can i do this with vtkCaptionActor2D. Can you show me an example please or how have to configure an vtkCaptionActor2D object for this?

I tried more possibilities and and it looks like that the vtkTextMapper or vtkActor2D is not threadsafe.The error described in my first post (with the characters and th incorrect positions) only happends when i modify a window from "ouside". This is just the modification of different scenes(in two windows) at the same time. One with the mouse and the others with messages. Is it possible to make the vtkTextMapper threadsafe? And how is it with the vtkTextActor? They display the text correct at runtime but the application crashs in the end, like described.

thanks for help
Andi