[vtkusers] vtkImageData - Boolean Operations

Lassi Paavolainen lopaavol at jyu.fi
Sun Jan 18 07:43:01 EST 2009

Hi Paul,

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Paul Jhin wrote:

> I have more 2 questions,
>
> It is possible vtkImageLogic provide the level of output in gray ?  the code
> below appears only in binary.
>
>         boolean = vtk.vtkImageLogic()
>         boolean.SetInput1(img1.GetOutput())
>         boolean.SetInput2(img2.GetOutput())
>         boolean.SetOperationToAnd()

If I understood your question correctly, you want to get only those pixels
of original data that pass that logic operation? You can use vtkImageMask
for that:

mask = vtk.vtkImageMask()
mask.SetImageInput(origData)
mask.SetMaskInput(boolean.GetOutput())
image = mask.GetOutput()
image.Update()

> My second question, you can perform boolean between vtkPolyData?

Unfortunately I don't know an answer for that question. Hopefully someone
else can help you.

> Regards and excuse for excessive questions,
> Paul Jhin

Don't mind about it. I'm happy if my answers gave you any help.

Regards,
Lassi