[vtkusers] Anti-aliasing of VTK surface plots

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sat Jan 17 14:08:16 EST 2009

Yes.. there is a smooth polydata filter and a windowed sinc smoothing
filter to smooth meshes in VTK.

If you are generating the contours from image data, you can also apply a
smoothing filter in the image domain such as the ITK level set antialias
filter etc, so that its isocontour produces smoother looking contours.
It guarantees that the surface will vary no more than half a pixel away
from its unsmoothed location.