[vtkusers] finding isocontour in a 2D Scalar field

Liam Kurmos quantum.leaf at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 17 12:42:11 EST 2009

Hi,

I hoping i can get some advice.

I have a 2D scalar field, i need to find the isocontours at the zero values
of the field. There is only likely to be one of two of these in the field,
but i need to find some points along the contour as quickly as possible for
use in calculations which evolve the field. At the moment i'm not concerned
with visualising the field, but im hoping i can use the tools in vtk to find
the contour points.

I can calculate the field at any point from analytic expressions, so at
present it is not sampled onto a grid. I could ofcourse do this if its
necessary to find the contour values. My main concern at the moment is
getting something that works as quickly as possible rather than having the
absolute maximally most efficient method.

If any one of this can help me, i would be very grateful,

Liam