[vtkusers] Bio-Formats integration with VTK/ITK

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 16 13:16:37 EST 2009

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice and comments. It sounds like the
ITK ImageIO plugin mechanism is the way to go, and will avoid any licensing
issues. My plan remains to create a general C++ wrapper layer for
Bio-Formats, which will be usable by any C++ application, then once that is
working to implement the ITK I/O plugin using it. So applications will have
a choice whether to access Bio-Formats directly, or via ITK. I will post to
the list again when I have a prototype functional enough to be of interest.

Cheers,
Curtis