[vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: Kitware is hiring

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Jan 16 09:26:18 EST 2009

If you are interested in a position at Kitware, please review the posting
below. Responses go to jobs at kitware.com. Also see
http://www.kitware.com/company/jobopps.html.
Will
-----------------

*Software Developer*

Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking talented software professionals to work
with leaders in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging,
visualization, 3D data publishing, and technical software development.
Candidates will create, develop and improve leading edge software solutions
in the context of an open-source development model, with the goals of
fostering extended, collaborative communities to provide flexible, low-cost
technical solutions.

By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with
exceptionally talented co-workers; and collaborate with esteemed researchers
from around the world by:

   - providing technical expertise and implementation skills in research,
   development, software creation and customer support;
   - designing and developing new software in visualization, graphics, image
   processing, and computational sciences; and
   - implementing, documenting, analyzing, creating and modifying computer
   systems or programs.

This is an opportunity for you to contribute your exceptional skill in C++;
your knowledge of other programming languages such as C, Java, MATLAB, Perl,
Tcl, and/or Python; your knowledge of software development
processes/environments including MS Visual Studio, gcc, make, CMake/CDash,
XCode and/or Borland; and your ability to develop software for Unix, Linux,
MacOS and/or Windows operating systems to large open-source projects and
communities such as VTK, ITK, CMake, ParaView, BatchMake, vxl/vnl,
KWWidgets, and Slicer.

Kitware team members enjoy our small company environment, flexibility in
work assignments, and the high levels of independence and
responsibility.  Besides
a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes
flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, a personal computer
hardware budget, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability, visa processing, a generous compensation plan (that
compensates employees for all hours worked – not just the first 40), profit
sharing, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.

For the right software developers, we are always hiring.  Please email your
cover letter and resume to jobs at kitware.com for immediate consideration.

Kitware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly supports Affirmative
Action.  Please, no recruiters or agencies without a previously signed
contract.