[vtkusers] Transparency Problem with wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor

Patrick Simon simon at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jan 16 08:50:01 EST 2009

Mathieu Malaterre schrieb:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Patrick Simon
> <simon at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>
>> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>
>>> I would comment out the following 3 lines from your
>>> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py :
>>>
>>> if wx.Platform == "__WXGTK__":
>>>     import wx.glcanvas
>>>     baseClass = wx.glcanvas.GLCanvas
>>>

>> Thanks, but I still got the issues.
>>
>> I figured out, that the wx Interactor example throws an error that the
>> other ones dont:
>>
>> Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion
>> `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed
>>
>> But I'm not an expert on this, so I don't know what that means.
>>

> did you check the other changes that happen since VTK 5.0 ?
>
> Ref:
> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Wrapping/Python/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py?r1=1.17&r2=1.29

I checked the changes but they don't seem to cause the problem. r1.17 of
the file throws the same error and even core dumps.
I don't know if it's a vtk version related issue, cause it works fine on
the same image of the OS on machines with other hardware.
On Monday I'll try to run it on an older VTK version, just in case.

Patrick