[vtkusers] MIP rendering from coronal view instead of axial view

Stéphane CALANDE scalande at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:13:16 EST 2009

Hi !

My question is the continuation of the previous one.

I have someting like that :

vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper * volumeMapper =
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper ::New();
volumeMapper->SetBlendModeToMaximumIntensity();
volumeMapper->SetInput( reader->GetOutput()  );

vtkVolume* volume = vtkVolume::New();
volume->SetMapper( volumeMapper );

vtkRenderer* renderer = vtkRenderer::New();
renderer->AddViewProp( volume );

vtkRenderWindow* renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
renWin->AddRenderer(renderer);
renWin->Render();

But the MIP I see is from the AXIAL view. But I'd like to see it from a
CORONAL view.

I suppose I have to change the settings of the Camera.

Then I tried :

vtkCamera *camera = renderer->GetActiveCamera();

camera->SetViewUp(*****)

camera->SetEyeAngle(*****)

camera->SetViewAngle(*****)

etc...

but I didn't find which one allow to set a coronal view of the MIP.

Can you help me ?
Is it the right way to change the camera settings ? Is there an other way to
fix the problem?

Thank you,

Regards,

Stéphane