[vtkusers] Fwd: How to smooth (or filter) polydata scalars?

Fabio Meneghini fab.meneghini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 07:38:04 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fabio Meneghini <fab.meneghini at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/1/14
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] How to smooth (or filter) polydata scalars?
To: "Kevin H. Hobbs" <hobbsk at ohiou.edu>

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciated it!
So, for every vertex of the polydata,  I could compute the mean of the
scalar values of its neighbors (possibly with some weights, depending on
their distance from the current vertex, and then replace the actual scalar
value of current vertex with the mean.
waiting for a better suggestion about wich classes do this job better,
Thanks again for the hint...
Fabio