[vtkusers] Differences in display of vtkTextActors between vtk5.0.4 and vtk5.2.1 (shadow and accentuated characters) ??

pof jd379252 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:00:15 EST 2009

Sean McBride a écrit :
> On 1/11/09 8:13 PM, pof said:
>

>> I'am trying to upgrade from vtk5.0.4 to vtk5.2.1, and I have two
>> problems with the rendering of vtkTextActor.
>> Basically :
>> - the shadow property looks rather strange in 5.2.1 compared to 5.0.4
>> - accuentuated characters (é, è...) are no longer displayed in 5.2.1
>>
>> *SNIP*
>>
>>    textActor->SetInput("Geometry based on vtkCylinderSource\nGéométrie
>> basée sur vtkCylinderSource\nvtk5.x.x");
>>

> Did you try with the current CVS code?  Your problem may have been
> because the version of freetype used by VTK changed between 5.0.4 and
> 5.2.  It has just changed again last week, so maybe it will now work.

No, I did not try with the current CVS code (I actually never used CVS
as I stick to official vtk releases).
But your post sounds rather encouraging as this bug is likely to be
solved already.
So I guess the correction will appear in the future vtk 5.2.2 release,
and I can wait for it. Meanwhile, I will keep using the 5.0.4 release.
In any case, thanks a lot for this information.
Cheers
JD