[vtkusers] vtkSelectionNode and Java

Matthias Baitsch matthias.baitsch at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Jan 11 07:14:56 EST 2009

Hi!

When using the CONTENT_TYPE() method of vtkSelectionNode from Java, I
get an UnsatisfiedLinkError (VTK nightly 2009-01-08 on Mac OS X 10.5.6).

Example code:

public class SelectionNode {
		System.loadLibrary("vtkFilteringJava");
		vtk.vtkSelectionNode sn = new vtk.vtkSelectionNode();
		sn.GetDebug();
		sn.CONTENT_TYPE();
	}
}

Output:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
CONTENT_TYPE_11
	at vtk.vtkSelectionNode.CONTENT_TYPE_11(Native Method)
	at vtk.vtkSelectionNode.CONTENT_TYPE(vtkSelectionNode.java:119)
	at inf.vtk.SelectionNode.main(SelectionNode.java:8)

When looking into vtkSelectionNodeJava.cxx, I find the JNI function

   JNIEXPORT jlong  JNICALL
Java_vtk_vtkSelectionNode_CONTENT_TYPE_111(JNIEnv *env, jobject obj)

which actually does *not* correspond to

   private native long CONTENT_TYPE_11();

in the Java class (there is more such numbering mismatch for other
methods). Any ideas, what could have gone wrong?

Best regards,
Matthias

----
Dr.-Ing. Matthias Baitsch

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Lehrstuhl für Ingenieurinformatik im Bauwesen
Gebäude IA 6/144
D-44780 Bochum

Tel.   : +49-(0)234-32-26175
Fax    : +49-(0)234-32-06175