[vtkusers] vtkProbeFilter and unstructured grids

Colin Christian c.christian at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 8 04:38:12 EST 2009

I have an unstructured grid - finite element mesh quadratic quads and
triangles - which  am trying to sample using vtkProbeFilter to a
structured grid (regular topo). I miss data points in the output data
set.

I have seen a reference to this in
  http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Demystifying_the_vtkProbeFilter - which was
dated 2005 -
I wonder if anyone has an update on this topic before I set of down
the code writing track to try and get something to work correctly

pretty sure my unstructured grid is good as it contours and plots
vectors ok without the probe. I am using 5.3.0 on Mac OS X and 5.03 on
Windows - both give same results

thanks in advance

Colin Christian