[vtkusers] Drawing a single triangle

Kerry Loux louxkr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 21:18:51 EST 2009

Hello,

For my application, I need to display a single triangle in 3-space.  The
triangle is not necessarily equilateral.  What is the easiest way to create
a triangle object?  I considered vtkTriangle and vtkTriangleStrip, but I'm
not clear on how to assign the locations of the vertices.  Also, as far as I
can tell the vtkTriangle (and vtkCell) classes don't have any kind of
GetOutput() function.  How do you map these classes to an actor?  I was
hoping for some kind of primitive shape source, similar to vtkCyliderSource
or vtkSphereSource, but there doesn't seem to be any.

I'm still using the 5.0.4 release.

Thanks for your advice!

-Kerry