[vtkusers] opengl_include_dir

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Sun Jan 4 18:52:32 EST 2009

This is the result on my machine using Ubuntu 8.10 x86_64 when I ask
which package provides a given file:

$ dpkg -S /usr/include/GL/gl.h
nvidia-glx-177-dev: /usr/include/GL/gl.h

$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/libGL.so
nvidia-glx-177-dev: /usr/lib/libGL.so

$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/libGLU.so
libglu1-mesa-dev: /usr/lib/libGLU.so

So, I use nvidia-glx-177-dev and libglu1-mesa-dev.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Kevin Osborn <planck at netspeed.com.au> wrote:
> I don't use Ubuntu but certainly with Fedora most binary packages also have
> a development package which includes source and headers. You might check
> your Ubuntu distribution disc to see if there is an OpenGL-Devel package or
> similar.
>
> dmwelch at engineering.uiowa.edu wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I'm trying to configure VTK on Ubuntu 8.10 with a nVidia GeForce 8600
>> GT graphics card.  CMake (v2.6) cannot find the OpenGl directory and I have
>> checked Synaptic to make sure that I have it installed.  I have the python
>> opengl and the qt3 & qt4 bindings for python, but none of the OpenGL
>> packages in the universal graphics section of Synaptic.  I assume I need
>> some of these, but which?
>>
>> I've also looked at the Ubuntu documentation on my video card driver and I
>> have enabled the restricted drivers for my card.  I'm currently using the
>> nvidia-glx-173, but I get the same error using the 177 driver as well.
>>
>> I'm a total n00b here.  Thanks for your help!  Merry Christmas!

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive