[vtkusers] Please help.

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Thu Jan 1 01:48:44 EST 2009

Hi Femi,
                    Yes, ActiveTCL and CMake packages I pointed you to
are the executable versions. You also have source versions for these
packages, but I thought in your case, its not very useful to compile
it from source. It is useful to see how VTK compiles from the sources
however (there is also a VTK exectuable installer package with
precompiled libraries).

So, install ActiveTCL and CMake, ensure that you have Visual Studio
compiler handy, if not, download the Visual Studio Express Edition
(free version) from the microsoft site.

After that, follow the link that I gave your earlier, outlining the
directories that you need to create and how to use CMake to configure
and build VTK.

Let me know how it goes!!

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson