[vtkusers] SeedWidget with ImageViewer2 to get 3D locations

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:51:56 EST 2009

> I suspect that while it reports 3D points, they're really 2D, and you
> have to fill in the Z coordinate.  You should know this anyway since
> you use the sliderWidget to scroll through the volume.

ah yes... should have done this first... but vtkSeedWidget::AddPointAction
sets the display z coordinate to 0.

I guess I'll just have to override that.

> I'm curious about your application.

At the moment I'm planning on using it for picking a number of
corresponding points in a bunch of images to initialise a
registration. But one of my colleagues will also be needing it for
seeding 3D region growing / graph cuts.

thanks for your help

Mark