[vtkusers] Hounsfield Units : strange result (Volume rendering)

wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn
Tue Feb 17 03:45:55 EST 2009

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

According to Hounsfield Units, the pixel values that form the air is
between -1000 <--------> -995.

I want to display ONLY the lungs (not skin ...) so I set my function
transfer like this:

opacityFun->AddPoint(-3024,      0.0);
opacityFun->AddPoint(-878.674,   0.0);
opacityFun->AddPoint(-864.466,   1.0);
opacityFun->AddPoint(-594.524,   1.0);
opacityFun->AddPoint(-395.62,    1.0);
opacityFun->AddPoint(3071,       0.0);

Hounsfield Units for lungs are   -950 <--------> -550

I Attached a NEW screenshot that illustrates the problem.

I vary the values of the transfer function but no result.I did not manage
to remove the part that surrounds the lungs.

Best regards,
BELHADJ wassim