[vtkusers] Using an octree

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Feb 10 11:43:23 EST 2009

No technical reason. (But as a best-practice convention, it's good not to
depend on the API of a VTK Utilities library remaining constant from release
to release. These classes are typically used exclusively within VTK *.cxx
files and not included by any VTK header files.)
In the VTK source tree, the only files that presently include
<octree/octree> (note: there is no .h at the end)
are Rendering/vtkLabelHierarchy.cxx
and Rendering/vtkLabelHierarchyPrivate.h. If a file is include only by a VTK
.cxx file or a header file clearly labelled "private" then it's probably
best not to rely on it from release to release.

Perhaps you should just remove the ".h" and try again....

HTH,
David