[vtkusers] [Newbie] How to open a .vtk file?

Irene Kostopoulou ikostop.dev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:01:59 EST 2009

Hello all,

I have a polygon data .vtk file, as a result of model making (marching
cubes) of 3d slicer joint apllied to a segmentation of blood vessels of mra
images. As I'm not familiar with the vtk program nor the vtk file format, I
need some suggestions.
How can I open this vtk file and take the polygon points? I'm not interested
only in visualization of the vtk file, but I also need to process the data
in it, but unfortunately I don't even know how to open it. I have the binary
5.2 version of vtk installed in my pc.

Thanks and sorry for my newbie questions.

I appreciate any help,
Irene