[vtkusers] Some things cannot be saved as VTP?

Amy Squillacote ahs at cfdrc.com
Tue Feb 3 14:24:16 EST 2009

Hi Dave,

The output of Delaunay 3D is an unstructured grid, not a polygonal
dataset. VTP files are for storing polygonal datasets (i.e.,
vtkPolyData). VTU files are for storing unstructured grids. If you want
to store the output of Delaunay 3D in a VTP file, you'll have to convert
your vtkUnstructuredGrid to a vtkPolyData. You could do this, for
example, with a surface filter (called "Extract Surface") in ParaView.
However, this will keep the polygonal outer surface of your unstructured
grid, not all the tetrahedra generated by Delaunay 3D.

- Amy

--
Amy Squillacote                    Phone: (256) 726-4839
Sr. Computer Scientist             Fax: (256) 726-4806