[vtkusers] VTK/Java crashes -- WeakGlobalRef or garbage collection problem...solution?

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 06:11:54 EST 2009

On 2009/12/19 Nathan P Sharp wrote:
> Denis Barbier escribió:
>>
>> Are you sure your copy is up-to-date?  Jeff fixed similar issues, see
>> revisions 1.63 and 1.62.2.1 at
>>    http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Wrapping/vtkWrapJava.c
>>
> Yea, definitely a problem.  My original source is correct, but the build
> directory created by CMake is wrong.  I'm going to blame innocence on
> this one.  I am totally new to VTK and CMake as of about 5 days ago :-)
> I'll get it fixed and report back if I find anything still leaking.

In order to help evaluating Nathan's and Luke's patches, I created
branches on gitorious.org, it is IMO simpler than working with patches
against CVS.
On Unix:
  $ git clone git://gitorious.org/~dbarbier/kitware/dbarbier-vtk.git vtk-test
  $ cd vtk-test
  $ git checkout -b java/globalLock origin/java/globalLock
  [build...install...test]
  $ git checkout -b java/proxyFinalize origin/java/proxyFinalize
  [build...install...test]
I will update these branches if changes are sent to the list.

Denis