[vtkusers] Not getting to use the vtkThreshold with a vtkRectilinearGrid

Adriano Gonçalves adriano at esss.com.br
Thu Dec 17 12:30:55 EST 2009

Oops... I've thought this list also came with the list e-mail in the
"reply-to header", sorry.
Now I tried to put a *thresh.SetInputArrayToProcess(1, 0, 0, 0, 'test')*
after the *thresh.ThresholdByLower(0.5)*. Nothing happens different yet.

Thanks,

Adriano

Em 17/12/2009 12:12, David Doria escreveu:
> 2009/12/17 Adriano Gonçalves<adriano at esss.com.br>:
>
>> Hi, David, thanks for your answer.
>> I'm setting the data array as follows (these codes bellow are adapted from
>> different methods and classes):
>>
>>          dimensions = (4, 4, 2) # Dimensions of the grid
>>          sizes = (10, 10, 2)
>>
>>          prop_array = numpy.random.rand(dimensions[0] * dimensions[1] *
>> dimensions[2])  # Numpy array of random floats, from 0 to 1
>>

>>          property_name = 'test'
>>          numpy_array = prop_array
>>
>>          vtk_array = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
>>          vtk_array.SetName( property_name )
>>          vtk_array.SetVoidArray( numpy_array, len(numpy_array), 1 )
>>          self.data_set.GetCellData().AddArray( vtk_array ) # self.data_set is
>> the vtkRectilinearGrid that this method returns to the previous code that
>> I've sent.
>>
>> I'm also trying to understand and follow these examples, but I haven't
>> gotten a success yet...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Let's keep the discussion on the mailing list so everyone can benefit/help.
>
> There you have added the array to the data set, but no where have you
> told the threshold filter to use that array to do the thresholding. At
> quick glance I wasn't sure what the syntax was for this function:
>   threshold->SetInputArrayToProcess(....);
>
> But I'm pretty sure that's what you need to do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Adriano de Oliveira Gonçalves
Desenvolvedor