[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick and wtkOpenGLRenderWindow::SetRGBACharPixelData problem

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:31:28 EST 2009

I am trying to implement picking within rectangular area using
vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick.
The problem I am facing is that the rectangle drawn is only visible
over the defined geometry.
It is not visible over the background:

              __________________                 ___
             /                               /                    /   Polygons
   - - - -  /  =========||         /
  |        /                     ||        /                    ---
Selection rectangle  ( invisible part )
   - - - / ===========||      /                     ===   - selection
rectangle ( visible part)

I narrowed problem to wtkOpenGLRenderWindow::SetRGBACharPixelData.

Search on the web gave me the only possibly related problem at:
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=7236

But this fix seems already at the version I am using: vtk 5.4.2 (
windows XP 64 )

Any idea what can be wrong?
How to figure out is it a bug or problem with graphics card/driver?

Thanks in advance,
            Alex