[vtkusers] Reduce size of .VTK file & Take too long time to load .VTK file

Gururajan gururajan.r at raster.in
Tue Aug 11 02:48:05 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Sub -> need to reduce the size of the .VTK file.

Actually my application process is. Am following the below mentioned
type  for reading dicom series files and to covert it into .vtk file ,
to view in 3D.
But my .vtk file size is getting bigger after the following process this
strucks my application. (Take long time to load the 3d file).
Please guide me on this,

*--For Reading Dicom series and Wrting .Raw and .vtk files in the below
process*
VTKDicomImageReader->vtkImageWriter->vtkVolume16Reader->vtkMarchingCubes->vtkPolyDataNormals->vtkPolyDataWriter

--For view .Vtk file
vtkPolyDataReader->vtkPolyData->vtkPolyDataMapper->vtkLODActor->vtkRenderWindow

*After reading dicom series, i created .raw (VtkImageWriter) file and
then i will convert this raw file into .vtk format.*
*using vtkPolyDataWriter to write .vtk files*

Thanks
Guru