[vtkusers] Reading large arrays into vtk with python

Paul massivemonkeymayhem at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:31:25 EDT 2008

Hi. I'm just starting out in VTK. I've written a python script that converts
3D scalar data to .VTK/.VTI files. But it's rather slow due to having to
loop over every voxel, which I am trying to eliminate.

I've implemented the script using NumPY arrays such that I can quickly
reorder the X,Y,Z data into any array structure as needed. This data needs
to be fed into a vtkImageData. Is there a fast way to create a VTK data
array from my data?

Regards,

Paul