[vtkusers] vtkStructuredGrid for tube

Jim jim.rowe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:30:14 EDT 2008

Hi VTK Gurus,
I am thinking about using a structured grid to represent a tube.  Per the vtk
textbook, a "[a structured] grid may be warped into any configuration in which
the cells do not overlap or self-intersect".  Is it a problem if the last set
of points is the same as the first?  Basically, the grid would wrap around to
itself to close the tube.

In limited testing, it seems to work, but I wanted to ask if anyone knows of
how this might bite me later on--e.g., would other filter algorithms choke on
this, etc?

thanks.

--Jim