[vtkusers] Extract only bones or other tissues from a Ct data sets.

wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn
Wed Sep 10 03:00:12 EDT 2008

Hi

I am stuck on several points with the use of VTK. I have both posted
messages but still no answers.

I'am using VTK 5.0.2 and i would like first to extract only bones  or other
tissues  from a Ct data sets to
render the volume.

I tried to use an opacity transfer function to do that but i I didn't have
a satisfactory result.

In fact, bones and other tissue like vessels have the same pixel values
(+/-).

How can i extract only bones or other tissues from a ct data sets using VTK
?

I am beginning with the use of VTK so your help and advice are welcome.

Thank you in adavance