[vtkusers] [Probably repetitive] Tcl VTK under OSX 10.5.4 mouse/keyboard events?

William Ray willray at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 10:25:44 EDT 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Will,
>
>  Can you get the pure C++ example to work nicely ? You might have to
> add MACOSX_BUNDLE to the ADD_EXECUTABLE (in the Example CMakeLists.txt
> file).

I haven't moved to trying the C++ examples yet.  I'm stuck on
the Tcl stuff because I have a student (who characteristically
has put this off until the 11th hour) who's moved from OSX 10.4
to 10.5 and now finds that his previous body of analysis/visualization
scripts for a project we're collaborating on, are no-longer
usable.  Of course, we're up against the Oct grant deadline
and he's just figuring this out (supposed to have been working
on this code since last February).

A quick test though says that yes, at least the Cylinder C++
example works properly (receives interaction).  Interestingly, it
receives interaction and works (though doesn't launch _with_
focus, it can receive focus), even if it's not bundled in the
App.  I wasn't really expecting that.

In my fit of deleting and recompiling, I've ditched my Python build,
but I believe the Python version was working properly as well,
also with no app wrapper.

The Tcl version remains dead as a doornail, app bundled or not.
Just for gits and shiggles I duplicated the Cylinder.app, edited
the plist and stuffed in vtk and a script to launch vtk with the
Cylinder.tcl script.  With appropriate setting of environment
variables, it launches and displays the Cylinder window, but
the still the interface (mouse/keyboard) are dead.

>  I do not remember any issue with vtk + tcl example.

Well, I've got one :-(   I hate being special...

Many thanks for any assistance,
Will Ray