[vtkusers] vtkVolumeRaycastMapper : How I can divide the screen in two parts ?

T.R.Shashwath trshash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:33:58 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 20:31:57 Francesco Piccolo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to divide the screen in two parts, in order to elaborate the left
> part with a CUDA raycast algorithm and a the left part with the
> VtkVolumeRayCast algorithm.
>
> How I can change the mapper in order to obtain the visualization and
> elaboration only of an half part of the renderWindow  ?
>
> I have tryed to change the pointer ImagePtr in VtkVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx,
> but I haven't obteined a good result.
>
> I attach in the link a screen about what I want to do. ----->
> http://frankije.altervista.org/target.bmp
>
> Thanks for all answers
>
> Francesco Piccolo

You should use two renderers, add each volume to the corresponding renderers,
and then use SetViewport on the two renderers. There is a good example in
vtkSplineWidget - http://public.kitware.com/cgi-
bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/GUI/Tcl/ProbeWithSplineWidget.tcl?root=VTK&content-
type=text/plain

Look at the place where the two renderers are being created.

HTH,
Shash