[vtkusers] Question with vtkImageViewer2

Ken Urish ken.urish at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 21:36:01 EDT 2008

Mathieu

Im finally getting around to tackle the problem of imageViewer2 not
handling rgb or greyscale bigger than unsigned char. I appreciate your
post from August. After looking at your code, I had a question or two:

1) Do I use your vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors2 as a helper class -
ie I feed the image through this class and then send the output to
vtkImageViewer2? I downloaded gdcm and I dont see it in the code so
its a bit trickey to figure out how to use it. Could you point me to a
place in gdcm where it's used?

2) Also, why does remapping it allow imageViewer2 to display colors?
I'm new to itk so i could not see this in the code.

Thanks
--Ken--