[vtkusers] How to use vtkDebugMacro

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Oct 19 11:19:57 EDT 2008

Hi,
            When I declare vtkDebugMacro(<<"Entering constructor");
inside the constructor of a vtk class and compile, I get a couple of
errors saying that vtkDebug, etc is not defined.

Question 01: What should I do to enable debugging output in vtk?

Question 02: I am using vtk with Qt, so should I use vtk debugging
macros for vtk classes and Qt debugging macros for the Qt application
part?

Question 03: Any hints or examples for using debugging macros for vtk
and Qt?

Question 04: Is there a way to print out the function call stack trace
using the Xcode debugger?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson