[vtkusers] "Instancing" geometry

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Fri Oct 10 14:54:10 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Does vtk have the concept of ³instancing² of geometry?
I¹d like to create markers in my scene represented by a cone  where each
cone can differ in radius and height. I¹m currently creating a vtkConeSource
for each marker.
Right now there aren¹t many markers (less than 30) and I¹m seeing a
performance hit if I increase the resolution of the cones to more than 10.
Ideally, I could create a single cone geometry and then instance the other
markers and size them accordingly. Is this type of functionality available
in vtk?
Gerrick