[vtkusers] linking vtk application, mingw

c674 c674332 at web.de
Thu Nov 27 16:46:53 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to compile an application that runs fine on Linux on Windows
(XP) using MinGW. Building (also with MinGW) and installing VTK itself
went well. But when linking my application I get an endless (at least it
didn't end withing minutes) list of undefined references:

C:\Sph\pp>g++ main.o postprocessor.o -L C:\msys\1.0\lib\vtk-5.2
-lvtkCommon -lvtkGraphics -lvtkRendering -lvtkHybrid
postprocessor.o:postprocessor.cpp:(.text+0x2c0): undefined reference to
`vtkData
SetAttributes::GetScalars()'
postprocessor.o:postprocessor.cpp:(.text$_ZN12vtkAlgorithm13GetOutputPortEv[vtkA
lgorithm::GetOutputPort()]+0x15): undefined reference to
`vtkAlgorithm::GetOutpu
tPort(int)'
C:\msys\1.0\lib\vtk-5.2/libvtkCommon.a(vtkObjectFactory.obj):vtkObjectFactory.cx
x:(.text+0x44a): undefined reference to `vtksys::Directory::Directory()'
(little longer example: http://codepad.org/TfX1fGaA not sure how long it
will be available)

I would be thankful for any hint on what could go wrong and on how to fix
it.