[vtkusers] No redraw of vtkCanvas

Thomas Obenaus thomaso at eas.iis.fraunhofer.de
Tue Nov 25 03:40:57 EST 2008

Hi all vtk users,

I'm currently using VTK 5.2 over Java. I have an annoying problem with the redrawing-mechanism of the vtkCanvas. In my application I have 4 vtkPanels, each holds one vtkCanvas. Every time a canvas has lost the focus and then gets partially overlaped by a JMenu or JMenuItem the content of the canvas won't be redrawn.
To trac down the problem I have inserted a System.err.println("rendering"); in the Render-method of the vtkPanel right before the rw.Render()-call. Using this modification the rw.Render()-method is called as expected (every time the JMenu overlaps the canvas/ panel) but the content of the canvas is not repainted anyway.

I have attached two screenshots to demonstrate the problem.

I Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thomas.