[vtkusers] VTK 5.2.exe ?

Nora Nora nora_droit at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 18 09:28:43 EST 2008

Hi all,
I am beginner in using VTK.  I have downloaded  VTK  5.2.exe  from  VTK org home page and I have installed it  on my PC with Windows XP. I have did the linking with  visual express  c++ 2008 as follow :
”Tools” → ”Options” , add the path of  include and lib repertories   in the TVK binary repertory.
I have tested the installation by an example after adding include and bin directories in options of project , but I have always this message of error:

fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'vtkActor.h' : No such file or directory

It seems that Visual express C++ doesn’t still know the path of VTK repertories however I have done the linking. I tried to copy the file   VTK5.2\bin\VTK  in  windows/sysytem32 but always the same message. I have added the path C:\program files\ VTK5.2\bin using :
 start | settings | control panel | system | Advanced | Environment variables, no results.

I’m thinking to desinstall VTK 5.2.exe and rebuild  it with cmake. But I am curious to know what is the problem with VTK 5.2.exe.
Someone can explain what happened!
My second question : is OpenGL library required in working witn VTK?

I’ll appreciate you help
Best regards

Nora