[vtkusers] How to get the InstanceNumber of DICOM Image.

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:51:39 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Dongqing Chen
<dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu> wrote:
> Dear All:
>
>    I could load in all the dicom slice under its folder, but some of them
> are in wrong order. What I am doing now is to use Matlab to load in and
> re-write to the correct order based their InstanceNumber from the dicom
> header file.

This is *very* bad. AFAIK vtkDICOMImageReader will sort your directory
of DICOM file based on Image Position (Patient) and Image Orientation
(Patient). If it fails to order them, there must be a good reason why,
and you should instead inspect your DICOM files.

> But I could not find the function in the vtkDICOMImageReader
> class? Add, is there any way to get the max and min pixel values (in term of

vtkImageData::GetScalarRange()

> Hounfield), e.g. what kind of functions.

See the vtkMedicalImageProperties member.

HTH
--
Mathieu