[vtkusers] How to transfer

xx_zx xuanaux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 19:57:51 EST 2008

I am trying to calculate the volume, surface, centriod of the structures from
DICOM RT files. Because the input of vtkMassProperties can only be
triangles, I tried to convert structures(discrete points stored in
vtkPoints) to triangles using vtkDelaunay3D and vtkTriangleFilter. However,
the output of vtkDelaunay3D is vtkUnstructuredGrid while the input of
vtkTriangleFilter is vtkPolyData. Can anyone know how to transfer
vtkUnstructuredGrid to vtkPolyData?
I tried doing this way:
	vtkDelaunay3D *delaunay = vtkDelaunay3D::New();
	delaunay->SetInput(grid);

	vtkContourFilter *contours = vtkContourFilter::New();
	contours->SetInputConnection(delaunay->GetOutputPort());
	contours->SetValue(0,0.5);

	vtkGeometryFilter* geom = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
	geom->SetInputConnection( delaunay->GetOutputPort() );

	vtkTriangleFilter *triangle = vtkTriangleFilter::New();
	triangle->SetInputConnection(geom->GetOutputPort());

But it shows that "degenerate triangles encountered ......."
How can I fix this?

The structures are composed of points that represent the surface of
organ(such as heart, lung, body).  Can vtkDelaunay3D  deal with this kind of
data and construct surface?
If not, can anyone tell me how to do?

Really urgent! Please help. Thank you!