[vtkusers] How to use vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter instead of a bunch of cubes

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 05:47:44 EST 2008

On 2008/11/14 Somada141 wrote:
[...]
> However I cannot understand how to do this...here is an attempt which only
> yields points instead of cube wireframes :

Indeed,  it is clear by reading vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter.cxx that you
make nothing wrong, this filter returns points when applied on a volume.
But you can play with SetExtent to make slices, e.g.
   surface_filter.SetExtent(0,3,1,1,0,3)
to display quads on plane j=1, and add
  surfActor.GetProperty().SetRepresentationToWireframe()
if you want a wireframed representation.

Denis