[vtkusers] QVTKWidget Size In Container Widget

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:58:15 EST 2008

Hi,

I've got the same behaviour here, the size of any QVTKWidget is not correct,
it's only in the top left, see these 2 links with image from exemple
"SimpleView" and from Paraview :
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7940/paravibx2.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/297/qvtkwidgetrx8.jpg

Running kubuntu 8.10 64 bit, dual screen on Geforce quadro FX 4500, QT
4.4.3, VTK 5.2

Anyone as the same problem ? Is it related to the dual screen ? It's seem's
that the height of the widget is exactly half of the normal height...

It's also strange that this doesn't occurs everytimes, sometimes it's the
correct but i can't find when...

Thxs for helping and for the great library !
Simon

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 16:57, John Eke <johne at annidis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have subclassed QVTKWidget, and created two of these widgets inside a
> frame using horizontal layout. I also set their size policies so that
> combined, they occupy the entire container (the frame). But for some reason
> when the app runs, these two QVTKWidget sub classes initialize to a tiny
> boxes at the top left of the area they are supposed to fill. I also noticed
> that if I watch for a while, the entire application freezes. Then by
> clicking anywhere in the entire application, both widgets then occupy the
> actual region they are supposed to then all is fine.
>
> This is very wierd behaviour, I am fairly new to VTK as a whole. I have
> tried to manually call resize() in the constructor of the subclasses, and I
> have also tried to call resize() in the constructor of the main window that
> initializes the two instances of the subclass. Still nothing.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before? I think maybe there is something QVTK
> specific that I am not initializing
>
> Thanks
>
> - John

Simon Esneault
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image, (LTSI, UMR-INSERM 642)
Université de Rennes I, Campus de Beaulieu,
35042 Rennes Cedex, France.
Tel : +33 (0)6 64 61 30 94
Mail : simon.esneault at univ-rennes1.fr