[vtkusers] Generating a surface with equilateral triangles from point data

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Nov 13 12:31:31 EST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 10:45 AM, John Biddiscombe wrote:

> Michael
>
>> I have the general code to do that if you want it. It is also based
>> on the cmu "Quake" library.
> Do you mean, that you have a vtkFilter that does it all in one? Is
> it available for general use?
>
> that'd be useful. I have a project coming along where a
> triangulation with defined edge sizes will be required.
>
> JB

Sorry for the delay, I had to rip the code out of another project and
create a new one.

My code is BSD License. VTK Code is what ever VTK license uses. Quake
code has a pretty liberal license. I think the author just wants to
know who is using it.

I have it all in a project that can be downloaded from the following
URL.

http://www.bluequartz.net/software/files/vtkQuakeTriangulate.zip

That includes my code, derived vtk code and the CMU Quake code.

If you need "nested" loop support let me know as I have some code that
will do that also, just not as straight forward as a filter.

The really light documentation is in the header files. Let me know if
you have any questions.

CAVEAT: The Quake code is really nice BUT ONLY WORKS IN 2D on the XY
plane. My filter assumes the same thing.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net