[vtkusers] Generating a surface with equilateral triangles from point data

Simon Drouin drouin.simon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:33:30 EST 2008

I haven't found a solution to that problem in vtk. vtkDelauney2D will
generate similar results. My current workaround is to extract vtkPoints from
my actor, feed them into the Triangle library (
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html)  and put the resulting
triangulation back in a vtkPolyData. Triangle does a very nice job and
allows you to specify the maximum angle you want in your triangle as well as
the maximum triangle area.

s.