[vtkusers] Gray matter

Johan Arzuza jarzuza at numerica.com.co
Wed Nov 12 10:53:33 EST 2008

We are working with the VHP data set for 3D reconstruction of human
Anatomy with ITK-SNAP and VTK for generate the 3D objects.
The segmentation with ITK-SNAP is done, but when We did 3D object with
marching VTK, the stria of the grey matter ( brain) was smoothen by the
VTK algorithms and it looks now like a bean an not lik a brain.

We used the next parameters for smoothen:

value for marching=30
Gaussian Standart deviation =1.4
Decimator target reduction=0.60
Smooth iterations=10
Normal feature angle=30

We want to know if you have other set of values for generate a good
brain without damage the strias of the gray matter.
Thanks for the infromation.